Thursday, August 27, 2009

Geeky but Interesting

I have 1 computer that wasn't manufactured by HP, Toshiba, Gateway, or any of the computer manufacturing companies! It was homemade. Though very expensive, it can be interesting. I'm not trying to say, get a bunch of wires, a hard drive, memory chips, a motherboard, and some operating system, what I'm trying to say while building a computer is extremely geeky, it is a good experience. Because, I'm sure you've wondered how your computer worked. I don't know how easy it would be to put together a laptop, because they don't sell the case or exterior. I know for sure however,that you can build the tower for a computer. It is, as I said before expensive to do. And one of the first things that came to my mind was: when you're finished how do you boot it up, there isn't an operating system on it? Well, you have to use a boot disk. Most hard drives come with a boot disk for the computer. Or you can use another CD/Floppy. For example: I have several generic boot disks. You should use a CD that contains an operating system (i.e. Windows, Linux) If you don't want to pay to get a copy of Windows, you can download Linux legally for free (excluding Red Hat). I recommend Ubuntu. It's very user-friendly. Check out my video on how to get it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPGv11i4wFA

Originally Posted via Yahoo! GeoCities on 2007-03-11 23:21:09 GMT
Edited via Blogger on 2009-08-27

No comments:

Post a Comment