Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tech is very unstable (cont.)

I mentioned a few days ago that my friend's computer wouldn't start up. I have great news. After calling HP back, he was able to successfully start his computer. It isn't perfect yet. I don't know how it happened, but there is spyware in the computer. I'm pretty sure that wasn't there when he first bought it! There are various messages that come up. The window says that it is "Messenger Service" and that there is a critical error in the system's registry and to go to a website to fix it. I tried going to one of the webpages it was telling me to go to and what came up was something like Funky Munky Search Engine or something (no joke!). I ran a spyware scan, but that didn't fix the problem. I had put McAfee provided by Comcast on his computer. He forgot his password and we are now waiting for it to come in his e-mail. There are a million Windows Updates and Service Pack 2 didn't show up! The first time we tried updating it it only came up with about 4 things which we downloaded. Then, we tried again and there were 64 updates. I'm sure that there will be even more after the second update I haven't been able to check. Soon, his computer will be PERFECT.

Originally Posted via Yahoo! GeoCities on 2007-03-21 23:26:53 GMT
Edited via Blogger on 2009-08-26

No comments:

Post a Comment