Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tech is very unstable!

The title says it all! Technology is unstable. I found that out the hard way on a friend's computer. I tried to boot it up so I could check my e-mail. Well, it wouldn't start! It would try to start up like it would normally. Then it showed the recovery console screen. The first line of the error message was: " We appologize for the incovienience, but Windows did not start succesfully." It had options for how to boot up the computer: Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Last Known Good Configuration, and Start Windows Normally. So we called Hp paid the money to have them fix it over the phone. We waited for an hour and 15 minutes for a technician to get on the phone. First, he told us to boot in safe mode and try to use the System Restore utility. That didn't work so he said we had to restore the computer to factory state!!! Both my friend and I hesitated upon this. The case is good for 2 weeks, so my friend is going to call back HP Tech Support and have them walk through restoring the computer to factory state. I will get back to you on this story.


Originally Posted via Yahoo! Geocities on 2007-03-17 13:46:28 GMT

No comments:

Post a Comment